Menu – Week of 3/15:
This week’s menu is pretty simple compared to last weeks. Not too many new recipes this week, just a carry-over from last week. Last week was successful, see the recap below! I’ll be updating the Recipe Round-Up page soon as well.
Here’s what it looks like for this week:
- Monday - Perfect Pot Roast – Carried this over from last week because KC was out-of-town over the weekend and wasn’t going to be home in time.
- Tuesday - Indian – Butter Chicken Curry – We use the Kitchens of India Curry Paste and love it, it’s so easy! They also have naan at the grocery store in the bakery section which goes great with it!
- Wednesday - Easy Italian Pasta – This is one of our favorites, and another easy one. We’ve modified it a little to use a can of diced tomatoes and I think it’s better that way.
- Thursday - Ranch Chicken – Another easy one that comes right from the dry packet mix.
- Friday - Grilled Salmon – Haven’t tried this recipe yet. I’m not big on cooking fish (though I do like it), but it’s Lent and we abstain from meat on Fridays during lent.
- Saturday - Out – I’m giving us a freebie day this week. We did very good last week and didn’t eat out once (or I didn’t, KC was out-of-town which makes it hard). That’s unusual for us, we usually go out ~2x a week, but are trying to cut back to 1x
- Sunday - Chicken Parmigiano – I made this a few weeks ago and I’ve been looking forward to it again. It’s a simple recipe if you need one, let me know.
New Recipe Menu Recap:
- Tuesday - Chicken Enchiladas – These were delicious! We loved them. I think I might make a modification next time (use salsa instead of pico-de-gallo in the chicken), but otherwise it was a hit and will be added to the rotation!
- Wednesday - Pasta alla Marlboro Man – Another delicious first! The rosemary flavoring was strong, but I didn’t mind it. I might use diced tomatoes instead of whole tomatoes next time.
- Thursday - Chicken Curry – This is not a keeper in my book. Though KC really wants a curry recipe, so if anyone has one, please pass it on.
- Sunday - Perfect Pot Roast – We’re having this tonight, I’ll update next week.
If you have other suggestions/recommendations, let me know, we’re always looking for some new ideas.